.jpg)
.jpg)
I must say I m really disappointed with Astons Specialties ( the Cathay branch) this evening when i was joining in the queue for dinner today. As my friends were going to be late , i decided to join in the wait together with the others.Despite the long queue, I thought it was still well worth my time but then i was proven otherwise
I have waited for a good 15-20mins around 8-8.30pm before i was told that the minimum is 2 dine in in order to secure a seat in the restaurant, the middle aged lady who was at the entrance told me that it was the company policy, personally i took it in offence because i thought that since Astons was such an established franchise and I have more than once also recommended my friends to patronise the eatery. After this evening 's conversation with the service staff at the Cathay outlet , it made me skeptical whether i should want to continue to support such a business that such policy that was quite unreasonable.
I was intending to have a small table and not hogging for a table of 4 or affecting the business turnover. It was simply not acceptable because in the first place minimum of 2 dines was not visibly displayed at the restaurant. Moreover i have friends joining me as well who were going to be late. Does it imply that the restaurant do not welcome my business or their policy is to serve only people in big groups.
I have personally read their story in their company website on how they started humbly and grew to a chain of outlets and so forth, to offer western cuisine at affordable prices but in terms of service , i think by turning away single diners, it was very impolite and insensitive . They could have offered me alternatives like takeaways or to suggest a smaller table for me as I could have continued to render my support to such an established household brand.Firstly i wasted my time waiting and then the service staff at the entrance was not being flexible and polite. And as for service , i am really displeased with such a policy that the company has. I think after such an experience with Aston Specialties service at the Cathay, i would not want to patronise such a restaurant again.
.http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/showthread.php?p=2315995#post2315995hehehe
No comments:
Post a Comment